Last Thursday, the group Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) released the results of a poll they conducted on how Americans perceive truck drivers. The reason for the poll was to measure the impact of awareness as well as education campaigns targeted at American motorists. The national poll which was conducted Sept. 7-14 by Public Opinion Strategies on behalf of TMAF, surveyed 1,000 registered voters.
The results of this poll? According to the TMAF’s co-chairman Kevin Burch: “The image of the trucking industry is stronger than ever!” Some of the key findings included:
- 87% of voters have a favorable impression of the trucking industry.
- 97% of Americans believe the trucking industry plays a “very important” role in the country’s economy.
- Three-quarters of Americans rate the industry’s safety record as “excellent” or “good.”
- 96% of Americans stated that truck drivers are essential to keeping the country’s economy moving.
- 85% consider truck drivers to be professionals.
- 78% believe that truck drivers have higher standards for safety than other drivers.
- When voters were asked which group of workers should be considered “essential or critical” to the country in times of crisis, trucking ranked top three along with grocery store workers and healthcare workers.
- More than 40% of Americans say they know someone who works in the trucking industry, and their impression is more favorable of the industry at 87%.
We’re deeply proud to see such results when it comes to the perceptions of truckers in the industry. It’s clear that the past few years have highlighted the importance of drivers to our nation’s economy and made it apparent just how important they are to the American supply chain. One of our goals has always been to show just how much we as a country need our drivers and give them the respect they deserve. It is our hope that Americans will continue to view drivers with respect and realize just how important it is to keep goods getting to the customer.
Here at Zip Xpress, we understand the importance of showing how much drivers matter to the supply chain. Drivers are the face of a logistics provider and can make or break an experience. We’re proud to say that all of our drivers are friendly and will do whatever it takes to help you with your shipment – both with pickup and delivery. Many other businesses that have had the pleasure of working with our drivers claim that they’re some of the friendliest in the business and always appreciate working with them. It’s one of the many reasons we’re able to maintain a 99% satisfaction rating with all of our customers. To see for yourself, start today with Zip Xpress!